Termites are also known as the silent killer. Their scientific name is the order isoptera. They are known as the “silent killers” because they often go unnoticed while they bring significant damage to homes and yards.
Wood Destroying Insect Services
- Subterranean Termite Treatments and Maintenance
- Pre-Construction Termite Treatments
- Carpenter Ants
- Carpenter Bees
- Wood Borers
Wood Destroying Insect Reports for Real Estate Closings
- Termites are wood-destroying insects whose presence dates back to the dinosaur days.
- Termites are known as “silent destroyers” because of their ability to chew through wood, flooring and even wallpaper undetected.
- There are about 2,000 known species of termites in the world.
- The most common termite species found in the United States are subterranean termites, formosan termites, damp wood termites, dry wood termites.
- Subterranean termites are by far the most destructive species of termite as they eat 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Each year, termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage.
- Termite colonies can have upwards of 2 million members.
- Termites are present in 70 percent of countries across the world and their population outnumbers human beings on a ration of ten to one.
- The queen termite can lay up to 40,000 eggs per day.